Home » Posts » Pang, Blog 5

Pang, Blog 5

As an audience member I would be most comfortable at a symphony orchestra concert because I am more familiar with the sounds of the instruments and how the performers are expected to play. I would be least comfortable at the Hindustani classical performance since there are more traditional sounds and I wouldn’t know what to expect from the performance. At a symphony orchestra concert, I would expect to see a quiet and formal environment with both the audience members and performers. Since the audience has to remain still so that they don’t distract the performers, and for the performers to be serious in their performance.

I have seen videos online of recordings on different symphony orchestra concerts that show large amounts of performers sitting on a stage with a conductor at the front, and the audience is further back and very still and quiet. Even though I have never seen a live performance, I would still expect the atmosphere of a symphony orchestra to hold these same expectations anywhere in the world.