Home » Posts » Blog 3, Fraczek

Blog 3, Fraczek

The piece of musical technology that I chose for this assignment is the voice memo app on iPhones. Nowadays, artists use anything they find cool and inspirational to make music. They could be walking down the street and hear an amazing sound, take out their phones, record that sound and later put it in their music. This leads to music being more creative and expands the variety of sounds that could be used in music. 

Most people assume that music is just instruments and/or a voice but it could so much more than that. People use the voice memo app, if they even use it, to record meetings, lectures, or even just to hear how bad their singing is, but a lot of people don’t know that famous artist like Billie Eilish and Finneas used common sounds that they heard in real life and incorporated them into their music. 

The piece of music that I chose to use was “Bad guy” by Billie Eilish. When I first heard the song, I didn’t recognize the sound in the chorus, but after watching a Youtube video, I learned that her brother used a sidewalk timer as a background sound in the chorus. It made a great addition to the song because it intrigues you and its different from other music.