Home » Posts » Welcome!

Welcome!

Thanks for creating a Commons account and joining our course site. I’m excited to read your thoughts about music in each of your blogs throughout the semester. Please comment below to briefly introduce yourself (name, year, major, and a musician/song/group/composer that you like). Feel free to share a music recording from Youtube.

For example, here’s my introduction. Hi everyone! My name is Samuel Teeple and I’ll be teaching this course. I’m a PhD student at the Graduate Center and I’m studying musicology. One of my favorite composers is Felix Mendelssohn since I study German music in the 1800s–here’s the London Symphony Orchestra playing his piece The Hebrides, a work he composed in 1830 after spending time in Scotland near the sea.

1. Hello, my name is Karina Lalmiyev I am an undergraduate student here at QC majoring in Communication Disorders. I don’t have a specific preference of genre or artist. I enjoy listening to a little bit of everything!

2. Hi! My name is Uri Kim, currently an undergraduate freshman, and a psychology major. A song I am currently enjoying is Elegy for the Arctic by Ludovico Einaudi.

3. Hi, I’m Rachel Wong. I am an undergraduate senior majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders, minoring in Psychology and Linguistics. I love Bach’s Cello Suite No.1 and songs by H.E.R, Daniel Caesar, and Bruno Major.

4. Hi! My name is David Yee, I am currently an undergraduate freshman student at QC majoring in Elementary and Early Childhood Education. I don’t think I have one specific artist or type or music that I enjoy over the another because I listen to many different genres of music and enjoy them all!

5. Hi, my name is Allycia Ferreira Gourgue and I’m an undergraduate student at QC, i’m undecided but intend on majoring in neuroscience. I currently love anything by Brent Faiyaz especially the song Too Fast which is one of his earlier songs when he went by the name Sonder.

6. Hello, my name is Casey Mak, I’m a freshmen undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science. I like to listen to anything, I don’t have a specific preference beside kpop… That’s a yikes.

7. Hi! My name is Eliana Kutner and I am an undergraduate junior majoring in Psychology and minoring in BALA. I really like listening to EDM and pop but also love music from a bunch of different genres. Some of my favorite groups/artists is the Chainsmokers, Martin Garrix, Bazzi, Thomas Rhett and Dan+Shay.

8. Hi! My name is Hila Bessalely and I’m an undergraduate student and I plan on majoring in elementary education. I listen to pop music normally, and more upbeat songs. Some artists I like include Camila Cabello, Charlie Puth, and Selena Gomez.

9. Hello! My name is Bolim Pang and I am an undergraduate freshman majoring in Psychology. I mainly listen to pop (sometimes in different languages) and some classical music when I am studying. My favorite artists/composers are Yiruma, the Chainsmokers, Adele, Bruno Mars, and Eric Chou.

10. Hi, my name is Nadiyah Khan and I’m an undergraduate student and I’m majoring in biology. I listen to a wide range of music some of my favorite artists are Drake and Tory Lanez. For the most part I enjoy different genres of music.

11. Hi my name is Lana Choi, I am a first year here at Queens College. My current major is environmental science and I enjoy listening to The Weeknd and Khalid.

12. Hi! My name is Paulina Metel and I am an undergraduate freshman student. As of right now, I am planning on majoring in Psychology with a minor in counseling. Music is something I listen to on the daily with many different varieties of genres. One of my recent favorite songs is Life is good by Drake.

13. Hi, my name is Jasmine Yi and I’m a sophomore majoring in Elementary education and psychology. I don’t particularly have a favorite musician or music genre, I tend to just listen to what I think is good.

14. Hi my name is Liorah Felorian! I’m an undergraduate student planning to major in business. My favorite type of music to listen to would have to be hip hop and rap.

15. Hi! My name is Sophia Kotkes and I am a junior undergraduate student. I am a psychology major. My favorite music genre is pop. Two of my favorite musicians are Calvin Harris and Imagine Dragons.

16. Hi, My name is Melton Thorpe. I am a freshman undergraduate student. My current major is Biology and my favorite musicians are Glenn Gibson and Jacob Colliner. My favorite genres are jazz, gospel or rap.

17. Hi, my name is Matthew Wang, and currently, I’m a freshman undergraduate student majoring in Biology. My favorite music genre has to be pop/hip hop. Where my favorite musician is Drake.

18. Hello, I’m Kareena Jain. I am an undergraduate student here at QC majoring in Biology. My favorite genre of music is rap, or trap music. Not specifically an artist.

19. Hello, Im Sole Vassel, Im an undergraduate student at QC majoring in EECE, an artist Im currently enjoying is Stray Kids, but i do really enjoy experimental pop and other genres.

20. Hey, my name is Victoriya Kushmakova. I am a second semester freshman who has not yet declared a major. I enjoy all genres of music but one of my favorite artist is The Weeknd. And if I had to choose a composer who’s classical music I enjoy most it would be Tchaikovsky.

21. Hello! My name is Francesca Salvati! I am a sophomore as well as a Psychology major. Musicians I like include Rex Orange County and Harry Styles

22. Hi! My name is Catherine Matute. I am an undergraduate freshman trying to decide what to do for the rest of my life. Currently, my major is undecided so I am taking different courses to find what best interests me. My playlist at the moment consists of a variety of genres and my favorite song is “Deveuelveme a mi Chica” by Hombres G.

23. Hi! My name is Hui Lu (Rence). I am a first year Undergrad student and my major is currently undecided. My favorite genre of music is hip-hop and pop. some artists I listen to currently include Drake, J. cole, Jackson Wang, and Travis Scott.

24. Hi! My name is Kamil Fraczek and I am a first-year undergraduate student. I’m currently undecided but planning yo double major in Political and Environmental Science with a minor in Philosophy. My favorite genre is Alternate and Pop with some of my favorite artists being Finneas, Lauren Sanderson, Harry Styles, etc.

25. Hello! My name is Cindy Lema. I am currently a undergraduate freshman and my major is undecided. My music taste varies from different genres but currently am listening to the album k-12 by Melanie Martinez which can be considered one of my favorite artist along with bts and etc.

26. Hello, my name is Norvel Wallace, and I am currently an undergraduate sophomore who plans to major in Finance. My favorite genres of music include hip-hop/rap and R&B, and my favorite artists include Kendrick Lamar, Erykah Badu, and Playboi Carti.

27. Hello, my name is Shweta Bhatnagar. I am currently an undergraduate freshman student at QC majoring in Exercise Science. My favorite genre of music is rap, trap or hip/hop. I don’t have a specific artist that I like.